William Blake Burns

Monday, July 31, 2006

Sweet Dreams

I had the most wonderful dream that I have to share with everyone.

It happened early Sunday morning. I haven't dreamed about Will at all since he passed away.

In the dream I was back at Vanderbilt's critical care unit. I went into his room and picked up him out of the crib and sat down in the rocker as I used to. As I rocked him I started to look around the room wanting to know what his vitals were. As I looked at his ventilator, I couldn't see the screen because it was turned the other way. So I called for Will's nurse, and I asked her, "What is the ventilator setting at today?" And she replied, "Well, he isn't on the ventilator anymore... he is breathing on his own, don't you see?"

I looked down at Will in my arms. I started crying uncontrollably in my dream as I noticed he had no trach, no IV's, no feeding tube, no shaven head... he was perfect, healthy, and happy. He had the biggest smile on his face, almost laughing.

I know that Will was speaking to me in my dream... Mommy, I'm happy & healthy. Don't worry about me. I'm fine.

My only wish is that Josh (and everyone else for that matter) could have experienced this same dream. It is the most wonderful dream that I have ever had.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will is absolutely perfect now, no doubt about it! How wonderful for God to give you such a clear vision of this!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Stephanie,

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful dream and pictures. My tears are flowing, but they are happy ones.
    I can feel your sense of peace and God's love.
    You are such a blessing and I love ya...:)

    Sue Paugh

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    What a precious vision. And what a comfort.

    Will is with God. And God is with you.

    Hugging you through the Internet,

    Uncle Jay

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thats pretty amazing. :o)

    i love you!

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was a wonderful dream you had, no doubt sent by God to show you of Will's happiness for your peace of mind.

    I too, have had visions of Eliya with Jesus. Like one time I was crying in my truck sitting in the cemetery. I pictured Jesus on the passenger side and Eliya in the back in her carseat that was still there. I was crying and yelling and Jesus just looked at me. Eliya also was looking at me, but then also to Jesus and the look on her face was one that I will never forget. it was like she was saying to Jesus..."make her see, make her understand..." She was truly concerned for me. There were no words spoken...but just the looks they both gave me...

    Then a sheriff really pulled up behind me...he wanted to make sure I wasn't a vandil. I just started balling and I said..."no, I'm not a vandil, I'm talking to my daughter...!!!!!" He then glanced in my truck and apologized then quickly left. He probably thought I was a nut!!!! ;)

    Love ya both!
    Angela Hayward

    Are you coming to Kalamazoo?

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a tender story. Some days we wonder if/how God speaks to us.. He came right to you when you were at total rest and showed you through your dream how whole Will is. Our God is alive and working in all of us - even when we sleep!

    Thank you for sharing your stories and your faith!

    Peace.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Stephanie and Josh,

    I am thinking of you guys today and marveling in God's mercy and grace.
    Know that I care.

    Sue Paugh
    HPC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home