William Blake Burns

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Pics



This is our last family portrait taken by Arlene just days before Will passed away.




Dr. Bove (Will's heart surgeon) and one of Will's roommates, Jeremiah Pearson. We are so thankful that we had the opportunity to get to know him and his parents, Arlene and Judd.

Arlene sent me these pictures in the mail and I thought I would share them with you. Seeing the picture of the three of us brought a lot of memories back of Will's final days. This picture to me really captures how sick Will was... poor little guy. He was so miserable. Seeing this picture comforts me in that letting Will go was the right thing to do, no matter how painful. It wasn't fair to him. He deserved better.

Josh and I are doing ok. I just got offered a position with a property management company for an apartment community in the West End area of Nashville. I will be a leasing associate. I'm looking forward to getting back in the workforce. We're also going to be moving in with Josh's parents next month because our rent is getting ridiculously high and we are looking to build a house... probably in the Hendersonville area. So, that's very excited to us. Our first home!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful family portrait!! Will was a very sick little boy but he touched so many lives in his short time here.

    I am so excieted for you and your new job. Good luck with your new house ventures. I would love to meet for lunch sometime. God Bless you and Josh. You are wonder and inspiring people.

    Best,
    Susan Waggoner
    Saving Little Hearts
    417-6130

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your faith has obviously kept you centered w/ the resolve you just spoke re: Will's condition those final days - God is obviously carrying you THROUGH (implied: getting to the 'other side' & not leaving you stuck there forever) your grief.

    I am so encouraged about your job opportunity - and your home opportunity... may many deserved blessings come your way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home