William Blake Burns

Friday, May 05, 2006

Nurses Day

I don't know if any of you know, but tomorrow is National Nurses Day. I decided I wanted to do something for all of the nurses that helped us throughout our hospital stay with baby Will. So, tomorrow I am going to visit the nurses at Vandy's PCCU and bring them some treats and treat them to a little pampering. Mary Kay makes a product called Satin Hands that's great for anyone who uses their hands. I look forward to seeing them again.

I also want to let you know that baby Wyatt (Will's heart buddy from Michigan) is sick with RSV, a very serious respiratory infection. He will be in the hospital until he recovers, and we're not sure how long that will be. Luckily, his heart is fine and his chest x-rays look good. Pray for a speedy recovery.

I also want to inform you about the Wilbanks family in Michigan (we've never met). They are struggling right now. They have a baby boy, Griffin, who was born the last week of April. He had open heart surgery shortly after his birth, and unfortunately he had to be put on ECMO, a means of life support, right after surgery. After an attempt to remove baby Griffin from ECMO, doctors realized the only way to save him would be a heart transplant. This could take weeks or months, and he and his family have a very tough road ahead.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have never met, but I am an RN in the CICU at Miami Children's Hospital in Miami, FL. Happened upon your site while doing some committee research. I just wanted to tell you that it is children like little Will and families like yours that make what I do worthwhile. Though emotionally taxing at times, I wouldn't choose another profession for anything. FYI - the Miracle Workers episode about Felipe, the boy with HLHS was filmed at Miami Children's with one of our CV surgeons, Dr. Burke. Blessings and best wishes to you and your family, as well as to little Will.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Stephanie and Josh,

    Still think of you guys and little Will often. We are doing okay back here in Illinois, Jeremiah is doing great except the eating. Still has the NG tube. Hearing about Wyatt and Griffin brings it all back....Sending hugs your way.

    Arlene Pearson

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just thinking of you today on Mother's Day. I know it must be a day of mixed emotions. Thank you for sharing Will with us. He has touched our lives in ways I never would have thought possible. Prayers from Knoxville...
    Melissa Marti

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph...I wanted to give you a "Mother's Day ~ hug" Today must have been tough for you. I thought of you alot today. I wish it was the best it could have been on this lonely road you are traveling. Mine was good, but the ache wouldn't leave me alone, I shed a few quiet tears at church and tonight rocking her twin I shed a few more.

    Tomorrow is the twins 2nd birthday and we are launching balloons with love notes in them to Eliya in Heaven. I am sending balloons up too for Will and the others. We expect quite a few people for this birthday celebration. Please pray that the weather is wonderful. You also can launch one if you want, we are doing it here at 7:30 pm and so in Ann Arbor and a few in South Dakota. Let me know if you jon us because I want to write it all down.
    Anyway, I thought that might put a little smile on your face. Just a little?

    Take Care,
    Love,
    Angela Hayward

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot to say Will's headstone is wonderful.

    Eliya should be getting her soon also. Before Memorial Day.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wanted to let you know Will got a balloon today. A green one. In the note I told him to have fun with Jesus, that we all missed him and to give Eliya a big birthday kiss for us. I sent it up in a rainy overcast sky with 50 other bright beautiful balloons. The weather was appropraite for the occasion.

    Tatum had a nice 2nd birthday. I wonder when she'll grasp the consept of being a twin?

    Angela

     

Post a Comment

<< Home